New York, NY 10065
Principal: Sister Gail Morgan, O.P.
Average Class Size: 24
Extracurricular Activities: Soccer, Varsity and JV Volleyball, Varsity and JV Basketball, Track, Swim Club, Yoga, Pilates, Cheerleading, Newspaper, Student Council, Environmental Science, Habitat for Humanity, Global Concerns, Peer Tutoring, Photography Club, Pro-life Club, Speech Club, Women in Business, French Language & Culture, Spanish Language & Culture, Irish Society, Yearbook, International Travel and Study, Math Club and more.
Open House Date: Saturday, October 26, from 11 to 2:30 p.m.
Admissions Director: Sister Christine Cosgrove, O.P., Ph.D (212) 535-4680 ext. 102
Scholarships Offered and Awarded to 8th Graders: Ferrer Scholars: up to 67% of tuition covered; Legacy Scholarships for daughters/granddaughters of Ferrer grads; about 15-20 significant scholarships offered to incoming 9th graders.
Percent of Seniors Attending College: 100
Top 2019 Seniors Attending: Cornell, Duke, St. John’s University, State University of New York, New York University, Manhattan College, Fordham University,
Most 2019 Seniors Attending: Fordham, NYU, Providence, St. John’s, SUNY, CUNY, New York University
College Credit Courses: College courses offered with Saint John’s in Biology and Spanish IV
Admissions Requirements: High grade school achievement, comparable performance on TACHS Exam
School Motto: Veritas (Truth)
What makes St. Vincent Ferrer a Top High School?
• Pre-Med Advantage Program: Students work in a cohort of 12-15 and study AP chemistry and advanced biology, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology, and organic chemistry, along with participating in internships at nearby hospitals and lectures by top medical professionals;
• 100% of Ferrer graduates attend college;
• Advanced Placement in English, U.S. History, Calculus, Chemistry, French, Spanish, European History;
• Superbly credentialed faculty and administration;
• More than 50 extracurricular activities,
• Varsity and J.V. Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Lacrosse; and
• Safe and excellent location accessible by all public transportation.