Receive Breaking News updates as they occur
By Pavel Polityuk and Natalia Zinets KIEV (Reuters) - One Ukrainian serviceman was killed and another wounded in fighting with pro-Russian separatists in the east, military spokesman Vladislav Seleznyov said on Thursday, as Kiev accused rebels of increasing violations of a ceasefire deal. President Petro Poroshenko, whose initiative to boost the armed forces by a third was passed easily in parliament, has called the ceasefire the last chance for peace with the pro-Russian rebels. Some 6,000 people have been killed in fighting since separatists took up arms last year in Ukraine's eastern industrial heartland - the 'Donbass' - in response to the overthrow of the Moscow-backed president, Viktor Yanukovich, in Kiev. Another military spokesman said rebels had attacked Ukrainian troops' positions or civilian targets 40 times within the previous 24 hours, including 17 artillery attacks.