“We have to start a business together that will help people” is a statement that many entreprenurial-minded family members and friends proclaim during their youth.
Cousins Michael C. Pyrros and Michael Serres did not lose sight of that dream.
Attorneys Michael C. Pyrros and Michael Serres are partners in their firm Pyrros & Serres LLP; a firm located in the heart of Astoria that focuses on representing injured and disabled people with their workers’ compensation and social security disability claims.
It was in 2001 that cousins Michael & Michael decided to establish Pyrros & Serres LLP.
From a young age, the two Elmhurst natives knew from that their futures would be intertwined. “We grew up together, so from a very young age we always had this idea that we would do something meaningful together,” said Serres.
Now they are attorneys for a good cause: Fighting for the rights of injured and disabled individuals.
Pyrros & Serres are first cousins of Greek descent. Their paternal grandfather immigrated to this country from Kastoria, Greece. He settled down in Jackson Heights and joined the working class in the garment industry.
Today, Pyrros & Serres have dedicated themselves to helping injured and disabled working class people in Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. Their elite workers’ compensation, personal injury, and social security disability benefits law firm has helped thousands, and they have produced dozens of educational videos to help educate the working class on their rights.
Pyrros & Serres LLP, consisting of five attorneys and a strong support staff, concentrate their casework on claims involving:
• Workers’ compensation benefits for individuals who have been injured in the workplace or who have developed an illness or condition related to their job. Construction site injuries, repetitive motion or stress injuries, occupational illness or disease, joint injuries and lifitng injuries are examples of claims
• Social Security disability benefits for individuals who have a serious disability or long-term illness that prevents them from holding full-time employmement. Claims, from the initial application for disability benefits to filing appeals on claims that have been denied
• Serious injuries and wrongful death, resulting from negligence in a broad range of accidents. Personal injury claims for victims of car, truck and motorcycle accidents as well as pedestrian, slip, trip and fall, premise liability and wrongful death
Michael Pyrros, a graduate of Hofstra Law School, has devoted his professional career to representing injured workers. His vast trial experience at the New York Workers’ Compensation Board has allowed him to become a well respected leader in the field. He is fluent in English, Greek, and Spanish, which allows him to effectively communicate with all of his clientele.
Michael Serres has served on the Board of Directors of the Workers’ Compensation Bar Association and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Queens County Bar Association. He has gone to trial and successfully fought for hundreds of injured and disabled individuals
Marc A. Strauss, another member of the firm, plays a pivotal role at Pyrros & Serres LLP. After Joining Pyrros & Serres LLP in 2001, Strauss has successfully represented clients at administrative hearings and before the Federal District Court and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Strauss has distinguished himself in the area of Social Security Disability claims and has presented lectures throughout the tri-state area.
Pyrros & Serres LLP takes pride in the hands on approach that they provide to their clients. Their attorneys and staff can get involved at any point in the claims process and can help you:
• Assemble all the required paperwork and file a claim
• Work to expedite your case, so that you get the benefits you need as quickly as possible
• Get all the benefits to which you are entitled
• Assist you if your employer or the insurance company tries to assert that your injury or illness is not related to your job
• Intercede if the insurance company stops benefits before you are ready to go back to work
• Help you get a lump sum settlement
• File an appeal, if social security benefits have been denied
• Represent you at administrative hearings or other legal proceedings
If an individual is injured on the job, they have up to 30 days to notify their employer. Pyrros & Serres LLP is there for the next step of the process. Their goal is to make sure that the disabled employee will be able to “overcome the potential loss of income, obtain medical treatment, and to protect all of their rights under the Worker’s Compensation Law”.
Pyrros & Serres has three conveniently located offices in Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx, but also does home and hospital visits.
Their attorneys and staff communicate fluently in Spanish, Greek, Italian, Hindi, Portugese or Punjabi, if English is not your native language.
Phone lines are open 24/7
Their law firm offers a free case evaluation and handles all workers’ compensation and Social Security disability claims on a contingency basis. You will not owe them a fee unless they obtain compensation for you.
Call their New York law firm at (718) 804-5430 to arrange a confidential consultation or visit their website.